Taxi Regulation Act 2013
Obligation on holder of licence where licence is revoked or suspended or expires, or changes address
17. (1) Whenever a licence—
(a) is revoked or suspended, other than a revocation under section 47 , or
(b) expires and an application for the renewal of the licence is not made, or an application for the renewal of the licence is refused,
the holder of the licence shall—
(i) not later than 21 days or such further period as the Authority allows, F16 [ after the receipt ] of notification from the licensing authority of the revocation or suspension of the licence, or of the expiry of the licence, as the case may be, deliver to the licensing authority—
(I) the licence and any badge or disc, and
(II) where the licence is a small public service vehicle licence, written confirmation that any sign or disc affixed to the vehicle in accordance with SPSV regulations has been removed from the vehicle,
(ii) where the licence is a small public service vehicle licence in respect of a taxi, cease to display taxi signage on the vehicle immediately upon receipt of the notification from the licensing authority of the revocation or suspension of the licence or F17 [ after the expiry ] of the licence, as the case may be.
(2) A person who fails to comply with subsection (1) commits an offence and is liable on summary conviction to a class C fine.
(3) Where the holder of a licence—
(a) being an individual, changes the address of his or her primary place of residence, or
(b) being a company, changes the address of its registered office,
the holder shall give the licensing authority not later than 21 days, or such further period as the Authority allows, F18 [ after the change, details of the new address ] of the residence or registered office as the case may be.
(4) The holder of a licence who fails to comply with subsection (3) commits an offence and is liable on summary conviction to a class D fine.
(5) On the termination of the suspension of a licence the licensing authority shall return the licence and any badge or disc to the holder.
(6) In this section reference to a sign, disc or badge is to be read as a reference to such issued under or in conformity with SPSV regulations.