Taxi Regulation Act 2013
Revocation of licence by court consequent upon conviction
47. (1) Where the holder of a licence is convicted of an offence under this Act which in the opinion of the court makes the holder unsuitable to hold the licence, the court may revoke the licence.
(2) The Courts Service shall notify the Authority of any revocation under subsection (1).
(3) Where a licence is revoked under subsection (1) and the person who held the licence carries or attempts to carry a person for reward or stands or plies for hire in a small public service vehicle, he or she commits an offence and is liable on summary conviction to a class A fine or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 months or to both.
(4) Where a licence is revoked by the court under subsection (1), the holder shall return the licence to the licensing authority, upon the revocation.
(5) The holder of a licence which has been revoked under subsection (1) who fails to return it to the licensing authority commits an offence and is liable on summary conviction to a class E fine.