Companies Act 2014
Costs and remuneration of examiners
554. (1) The court may from time to time make such orders as it thinks proper for payment of the remuneration and costs of, and reasonable expenses properly incurred by, an examiner.
(2) Unless the court otherwise orders, the remuneration, costs and expenses of an examiner shall be paid and the examiner shall be entitled to be indemnified in respect thereof out of the revenue of the business of the company to which he or she has been appointed, or the proceeds of realisation of the assets (including investments).
(3) The remuneration, costs and expenses of an examiner which have been sanctioned by order of the court (other than the expenses referred to in subsection (4)) shall be paid in full and shall be paid before any other claim, secured or unsecured, under any compromise or scheme of arrangement or in any receivership or winding up of the company to which he or she has been appointed.
(4) Liabilities incurred by the company to which an examiner has been appointed that, by virtue of section 529 , are treated as expenses properly incurred by the examiner shall be paid in full and shall be paid before any other claim (including a claim secured by a floating charge), but after any claim secured by a mortgage, charge, lien or other encumbrance of a fixed nature or a pledge, under any compromise or scheme of arrangement or in any receivership or winding up of the company.
(5) In subsections (3) and (4), references to a claim shall be deemed to include references to any payment in a winding up of the company in respect of the costs, charges and expenses of that winding up (including the remuneration of any liquidator).
(6) Subject to subsection (7), the functions of an examiner may be performed by him or her with the assistance of persons appointed or employed by him or her for that purpose.
(7) An examiner shall, in so far as is reasonably possible, make use of the services of the staff and facilities of the company to which the examiner has been appointed to assist the examiner in the performance of his or her functions.
(8) In considering any matter relating to the costs, expenses and remuneration of an examiner the court shall have particular regard to subsection (7).