Taxi Regulation Act 2013
Representations and appeal process
57. (1) Where the Authority proposes to refuse an exemption it shall by notice inform the applicant of the proposal and afford the applicant an opportunity to make representations, not later than 14 days of being informed by notice, to the Authority. The Authority shall consider any such representations.
(2) Where an applicant is not granted an exemption, the applicant may appeal the decision, not later than 14 days from the service of the notice, to the judge of the District Court within whose district it is proposed to operate the service.
(3) The judge hearing the appeal under subsection (2) may confirm the decision or allow the appeal (with or without modification).
(4) Where an approved community transport service is operated other than in accordance with Chapter 1 or the terms and conditions of an exemption under section 53 or another service is operated other than in accordance with the requirements of regulations, or the terms or conditions attached to an exemption under regulations, made under section 56 , the Authority may by notice withdraw the exemption or suspend it until the Authority is satisfied that it will be operated in accordance with Chapter 1, regulations under section 56 or its terms or conditions, as the case may be.
(5) The Authority before withdrawing or suspending an exemption, shall afford the holder of the exemption an opportunity to make representations, not later than 14 days from being informed by notice of the proposal, to the Authority or to take such remedial action as specified in the notice (if any).
(6) Where an exemption is withdrawn or suspended under subsection (4), the holder may appeal the decision to the judge of the District Court within whose district the holder operates the service. The Court may confirm the decision or allow the appeal (with or without modification).
(7) The decision of the District Court on an appeal under subsection (2) or (6) is final, save by leave of the Court an appeal on a specified point of law lies to the High Court.
(8) Where a person makes an appeal under this section, he or she shall at the same time notify in writing the Authority of the appeal.
(9) In this section “exemption” means an exemption granted under F45 [ section 53 ] or regulations made under section 56 .