Protection of Employees (Employers Insolvency) Act 1984
(a) knowingly makes any false statement or false representation or knowingly conceals a material fact, or
(b) produces or furnishes, or causes or knowingly allows to be produced or furnished, any document or information which he knows to be false in a material particular,
he shall be guilty of an offence.
(2) If a person refuses or wilfully neglects to provide any information or produce any document which he has been required to provide or produce by a notice under section 8 of this Act he shall be guilty of an offence.
(3) If a person, in purporting to comply with a requirement of a notice under section 8 of this Act, knowingly or recklessly makes any false statement he shall be guilty of an offence.
(4) A person who is guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding £500.
(5) Subsections (8) and (9) of section 266 of the Act of 1981 shall apply in relation to an offence under this section which is committed by a body corporate as they apply to offences under Part V of the Act of 1981 which are so committed.
(6) Subsection (10) of section 266 of the Act of 1981 shall be construed and have effect as if the reference therein to proceedings under Part V of the Act of 1981 contained a reference to proceedings under this section.