Children and Family Relationships Act 2015
Intending parent to provide information to DAHR facility following DAHR procedure
27. (1) Where a DAHR procedure is performed, the intending parent concerned shall, as soon as practicable after becoming aware of the fact, inform the operator of the DAHR facility concerned of the following:
(a) whether the procedure has led to the pregnancy of the intending mother;
(b) where the procedure has led to the pregnancy of the intending mother, the date on which the intending mother is expected to give birth.
(2) Where subsection (1)(b) applies, the intending parent concerned shall, as soon as practicable after the pregnancy of the intending mother has come to an end, inform the DAHR facility concerned of—
(a) whether the pregnancy resulted in the birth of a live child, and
(b) where the pregnancy resulted in the birth of a live child, the name, date and place of birth, sex and address of the child.
(3) Where an intending parent does not comply with subsection (1) or (2), the operator of the DAHR facility concerned shall contact the intending parent concerned in order to obtain the information referred to in the subsection concerned.
(4) Where an intending parent provides an operator of a DAHR facility with the information referred to in subsection (2)(b), the operator shall furnish the intending parent with a certificate under subsection (5).
(5) A certificate under this subsection shall be in such form as may be prescribed and shall state—
(a) that a DAHR procedure was performed at the DAHR facility on the request of the intending parent or parents, and the date on which procedure was performed,
(b) in relation to the procedure referred to in paragraph (a), whether—
(i) one gamete provided by a donor was used in the procedure and, if so, whether that gamete was a human egg or a human sperm,
(ii) each gamete used in the procedure was provided by a donor, or
(iii) an embryo provided by a donor was used in the procedure,
F9 [ (i) the gamete referred to in paragraph (b) was one to which subsection (1) , (5) or, as the case may be, (8)(b) (other than a gamete to which subsection (1) or (5) also applies) of section 26 applied, or ]
(ii) where applicable, the embryo referred to in paragraph (b)(iii) was one to which subsection (2) or (6) of section 26 applied,
(e) where applicable, that the F10 [ spouse ], civil partner or cohabitant of the intending mother consented under section 11 to being the parent of a child born as a result of the procedure.