Workplace Relations Act 2015
Reports to Minister
23. (1) Subject to subsection (2), the Director General shall, not later than 3 months after the end of each year, prepare, and submit to the Minister, a report (in this section referred to as the “annual report”) in writing on the activities of the Commission during that year.
(2) The Director General shall, in respect of the period commencing on the commencement of this section and ending on 31 December next following such commencement, prepare and submit to the Minister a report (in this section also referred to as the “annual report”) on the activities of the Commission during that period not later than 3 months after the said 31 December.
(3) The annual report shall contain information in relation to—
(a) progress regarding implementation of the strategy statement, and
(b) such other matters as the Minister may specify.
(4) The Director General may, from time to time, prepare and submit to the Minister such other reports in relation to the activities of the Commission as the Director General considers appropriate.
(5) The Minister may require the Director General, by direction in writing, to prepare and submit to him or her a report in relation to any particular matter relating to the activities of the Commission as the Minister considers appropriate.
(6) The Director General shall comply with a direction under subsection (5).
(7) The Minister shall cause a copy of the annual report to be laid before each House of the Oireachtas not later than 2 months after it has been submitted to him or her in accordance with this section.
(8) This section shall not operate to require the Director General to include information in the annual report or other report referred to in this section that, in his or her opinion, would prejudice the performance by the Commission of its functions under Part 4.