Vehicle Clamping Act 2015
Removal of clamp or release of vehicle
17. (1) Where in a clamping place a clamp has been fixed to a vehicle, the clamp shall be removed within such time period as may be specified in clamping regulations, after payment of the clamp release charge or its waiver.
(2) Where in a clamping place a vehicle is relocated to a place where the owner of the vehicle cannot gain access to the vehicle, the vehicle shall be released within such period as may be specified in clamping regulations after payment of the relocation charge or its waiver.
(3) Where no period stands specified, for the time being, in clamping regulations in which a clamp fixed to a vehicle in a clamping place shall be removed or a vehicle shall be released in the circumstances mentioned in subsection (2), the clamp shall be removed or the vehicle released, not later than 2 hours, after payment of the relevant charge.
(4) If a clamp referred to in subsection (1) is removed from the vehicle to which it is fixed or a relocated vehicle referred to in subsection (2) is released, otherwise than in accordance with the subsection concerned or subsection (3), the parking controller or clamping operator concerned shall ensure that the relevant charge and any additional charges are refunded without delay to the person who paid them.
(5) Where the owner of a vehicle that is parked and to which a clamp has been fixed or is relocated shows to the satisfaction of the parking controller or clamping operator concerned that the vehicle was so parked while being used by a person other than the owner and that such use was not authorised by the owner, the controller or operator shall waive the relevant charge and he or she shall remove or cause the removal of the clamp from the vehicle.
(6) This section does not apply to a vehicle to which an immobilisation device has been fixed under section 101B.