Companies Act 2014
F658[Strategy statement and work programme
944U. (1) (a) The Authority shall, as soon as practicable after the establishment day, and thereafter not earlier than 6 months before and not later than the expiration of each subsequent period of 3 years following the establishment day, prepare and submit to the Minister a strategy statement in respect of the period of 3 years immediately following the year in which the strategy statement is so submitted.
(b) In this section, "strategy statement" means a statement that—
(i) specifies the key objectives, outputs and related strategies, including use of resources, of the Authority,
(ii) except for the first strategy statement, includes a review of the outcomes and effectiveness of the preceding strategy statement,
(iii) includes any other matters (with the exception of any on-going investigation or prosecution) that the Minister may direct, and
(iv) is prepared in a form and manner that is in accordance with any directions issued from time to time by the Minister.
(2) The Minister shall, as soon as practicable after a strategy statement has been submitted to him or her under subsection (1), cause a copy of it to be laid before each House of the Oireachtas.
(3) The Authority shall ensure that, as soon as practicable after copies of a strategy statement are laid before both Houses of the Oireachtas in accordance with subsection (2), the strategy statement is published on the Authority’s website.
(4) When preparing a strategy statement, the Authority may consult such persons as it considers appropriate.
(5) The Authority shall prepare and submit to the Minister, at least one month before the commencement of each financial year, a work programme relating to the discharge of its functions, including—
(a) having regard to the strategy statement, the objectives of the Authority for that year and its strategy for achieving those objectives,
(b) the priorities of the Authority for that year, having regard to those objectives and its available resources, and
(c) any other matters that the Minister may from time to time specify when issuing directions or guidelines under subsection (6).
(6) The Minister may, from time to time, issue directions or guidelines to the Authority concerning the preparation of the work programme and the Authority shall comply with those directions and prepare the work programme in accordance with those guidelines.]
Inserted (6.07.2022) by Companies (Corporate Enforcement Authority) Act 2021 (48/2021), s. 10, S.I. No. 335 of 2022.