Companies Act 2014
Registration of particulars of special rights
90. (1) Where a company allots shares with rights which are not stated in its constitution or in any resolution or agreement to which section 198 applies, the company shall, unless the shares are in all respects uniform with shares previously allotted, deliver to the Registrar, within 30 days after the date of allotting the shares, a statement in the prescribed form containing particulars of those rights.
(2) Shares allotted with such rights shall not be treated for the purposes of subsection (1) as different from shares previously allotted by reason only of the fact that the former do not carry the same rights to dividends as the latter during the 12 months after the date of the former’s allotment.
(3) Where the rights attached to any shares of a company are varied otherwise than by an amendment of the company’s constitution or by resolution or agreement to which section 198 applies, the company shall within 30 days after the date on which the variation is made, deliver to the Registrar a statement in the prescribed form containing particulars of the variation.
(4) Where a company (otherwise than by any such amendment, resolution or agreement as is mentioned in subsection (3)) assigns a name or other designation, or a new name or other designation, to any class of its shares it shall, within 30 days after the date of doing so, deliver to the Registrar a notice in the prescribed form giving particulars thereof.
(5) If a company contravenes this section, the company and any officer of it who is in default shall be guilty of a category 4 offence.