Companies Act 2014
Inspection and production of documents kept by Registrar
891. (1) On payment of the prescribed fee, any person may—
(a) inspect any document which has been received and recorded by the Registrar in pursuance of this Act,
(b) require the Registrar to certify a certificate of incorporation of any company, or
(c) require the Registrar to certify a copy of or extract from any other document or any part of any other document kept by the Registrar.
(2) A process for compelling the production of any document kept by the Registrar—
(a) shall not issue from any court except with the leave of that court, and
(b) if so issued, shall state that it is issued with the leave of the court.
(3) For the purposes of communications between registers through the system of interconnection of registers, the Registrar shall assign to each company a unique identifier which shall include elements to identify the company as a company in the State, to identify the number assigned to the company in the register and other appropriate elements to avoid identification errors.
(4) The Registrar shall make available, through the system of interconnection of registers, electronic copies of the documents and particulars of companies referred to in Article 2 of Directive 2009/101/EC.
(5) The Registrar shall ensure that any changes to those documents and particulars, other than changes to the accounting documents referred to in Article 2(f) of Directive 2009/101/EC, are entered into the register and that such entering is done (normal circumstances prevailing) within 21 days after the date of receipt of the complete documentation regarding those changes.
(6) The Registrar shall make available, as soon as practicable, through the system of interconnection of registers, information on—
(a) the opening and termination of winding up or insolvency proceedings of a company on the register;
(b) the opening and termination of a receivership applicable to a company on the register; and
(c) the striking-off of a company from the register.
(7) The Registrar shall ensure that the following particulars relating to a company on the register are available, free of charge, through the system of interconnection of registers—
(a) its name and legal form;
(b) the address of its registered office, including the fact that it is registered in the State; and
(c) its registration number on the register.
(8) The Registrar shall ensure that information is made available explaining the provisions of this Act according to which a third party can rely on the information and particulars referred to in subsection (4).
Power pursuant to subs. (1) exercised (16.12.2020) by Companies Act 2014 (Fees) Regulations 2020 (S.I. No. 626 of 2020), in effect as per reg. 1(2).
Previous affecting provision: power pursuant to section exercised (1.06.2015) by Companies Act 2014 (Fees) Regulations 2015 (S.I. No. 213 of 2015), in effect as per reg. 1(2); revoked (16.12.2020) by Companies Act 2014 (Fees) Regulations 2020 (S.I. No. 626 of 2020), reg. 5, in effect as per reg. 1(2).