Companies Act 2014
Power of Director to obtain information
735. (1) Where a company has been struck off the register under section 733(1) on any of the grounds set out in section 726(a) to (c), the Director may, by notice to the directors of the company, require those persons to produce to the Director a statement of affairs of the company in accordance with this section.
(2) The persons to whom a notice is sent under subsection (1) shall, within the period specified in the notice in that behalf, produce to the Director a statement of affairs of the company that complies with subsection (3).
(3) The statement of affairs shall—
(a) be in the prescribed form (if any);
(b) be verified by an affidavit;
(c) contain the following information in respect of the company as at the date of dissolution:
(i) particulars of its assets, debts and liabilities;
(ii) the names and addresses of its creditors;
(iii) particulars of securities given by the company, including the name of the secured creditor in each case and the date on which the security was given;
(iv) such further or other information as may be prescribed or that the Director may reasonably require.
(4) On the application of the Director, the court may require a person who has made a statement under subsection (2) to appear before it and answer on oath any question relating to the content of the statement.
(5) A person who fails to comply with subsection (2) shall be guilty of a category 3 offence.