Companies Act 2014
F337[Supplemen-tal provisions in relation to section 558W
558X. (1) Every instrument of proxy shall be lodged with the process adviser not later than four o’clock in the afternoon of the day before the meeting or adjourned meeting at which it is to be used.
(2) No person who is a minor shall be appointed a general or special proxy.
(3) In the case of a creditor or member who is incapable of writing because of blindness or other physical infirmity, an instrument of proxy of that creditor or member may, subject to subsection (4), be accepted if that creditor or member has attached his or her signature or mark to the proxy in the presence of a witness and that witness has added to the signature of that creditor or member the witness’s description and residence.
(4) Subsection (3) applies only if—
(a) all insertions in the instrument of proxy are in the handwriting of the witness, and
(b) the witness has certified, at the foot of the instrument of proxy, that all such insertions have been made by the witness at the request and in the presence of the creditor before the creditor attached his or her signature or mark or, as the case may be, the member before the member attached his or her signature or mark.
(5) Where a company is a creditor, any person who is duly authorised under the seal of that company to act generally on behalf of that company at meetings of members and creditors may fill in and sign the instrument of proxy on that company’s behalf and appoint himself or herself to be that company’s proxy.
(6) The instrument of proxy so filled in and signed by such person shall be received and dealt with as a proxy of that company but this is without prejudice to section 558ZAG.]
Inserted (7.12.2021) by Companies (Rescue Process for Small and Micro Companies) Act 2021 (30/2021), s. 3, S.I. No. 673 of 2021.