Companies Act 2014
Subsequent appointments of statutory auditors (including provision for automatic re-appointment of auditors at annual general meetings)
383. (1) Subject to subsection (2), a company shall at each annual general meeting appoint statutory auditors to hold office from the conclusion of that until the conclusion of the next annual general meeting.
(2) Subject to subsection (3), at any annual general meeting a retiring statutory auditor, however appointed under this Part, shall be deemed to be re-appointed without any resolution being passed unless—
(a) he or she is not qualified for re-appointment, or
(b) a resolution has been passed at that meeting appointing somebody instead of him or her or providing expressly that he or she shall not be re-appointed, or
(c) he or she has given the company notice in writing, in accordance with section 400 , of his or her unwillingness to be re-appointed.
(3) Where notice is given of an intended resolution to appoint some other person or persons in place of a retiring statutory auditor, and by reason of the death, incapacity or disqualification of that person or of all those persons, as the case may be, the resolution cannot be proceeded with, the retiring statutory auditor shall not be automatically re-appointed by virtue of subsection (2).
(4) A retiring statutory auditor, however appointed under this Part, shall also be deemed to be re-appointed, as of the date on which the last member to sign it signed the resolution, in a case where the members of the company (by signing the resolution referred to in section 175(3) ) have relieved the company of the obligation to hold an annual general meeting.
Modifications (not altering text):
Application of section restricted (1.01.2020) by European Union (Qualifying Partnerships: Accounting and Auditing) Regulations 2019 (S.I. No. 597 of 2019), reg. 15, in effect as per reg. 1(2), (3).
Non-application of certain provisions of Principal Act
15. Sections 281 to 286, 305A, 312, 318, 319, 325(1)(c), (d) and (e), 326(1)(c) and (d) and (2)(d), 328, 338, 339, 341, 375, 381 to 385, 392, 396 to 398, 401 and 402 of the Principal Act shall not apply to a qualifying partnership.