Companies Act 2014
Directors’ report: general matters
326. (1) The directors’ report for a financial year shall state—
(a) the names of the persons who, at any time during the financial year, were directors of the company,
(b) the principal activities of the company during the course of the year,
(c) a statement of the measures taken by the directors to secure compliance with the requirements of sections 281 to 285, with regard to the keeping of accounting records and the exact location of those records,
(d) the amount of any interim dividends paid by the directors during the year and the amount, if any, that the directors recommend should be paid by way of final dividend.
(2) Where relevant in a particular financial year, the directors’ report shall state—
(a) particulars of any important events affecting the company which have occurred since the end of that year,
(b) an indication of the activities, if any, of the company in the field of research and development,
(c) an indication of the existence of branches (within the meaning of Council Directive 89/666/EEC) of the company outside the State and the country in which each such branch is located,
(d) political donations made during the year that are required to be disclosed by the Electoral Act 1997.
(3) F188[Subject to subsection (3A), where material for an assessment] of the company’s financial position and profit or loss, the directors’ report shall describe the use of financial instruments by the company and discuss, in particular—
(a) the financial risk management objectives and policies of the company, including the policy for hedging each major type of forecasted transaction for which hedge accounting is used, and
(b) the exposure of the company to price risk, credit risk, liquidity risk and cash flow risk.
F189[(3A) A company that qualifies for the small companies regime or the micro companies regime shall be exempt from the requirements of subsection (3).]
(4) In relation to a group directors’ report, subsections (1)(b) and (c), (2) and (3) shall have effect as if the reference to the company were a reference to the company and its subsidiary undertakings included in the consolidation.
Substituted (9.06.2017) by Companies (Accounting) Act 2017 (9/2017), s. 42(a), S.I. No. 246 of 2017, art. 3, subject to transitional provision in art. 4.
Inserted (9.06.2017) by Companies (Accounting) Act 2017 (9/2017), s. 42(b), S.I. No. 246 of 2017, art. 3, subject to transitional provision in art. 4.
Modifications (not altering text):
Application of subss. (1)(c), (d) and (2)(d) restricted (1.01.2020) by European Union (Qualifying Partnerships: Accounting and Auditing) Regulations 2019 (S.I. No. 597 of 2019), reg. 15, in effect as per reg. 1(2), (3).
Non-application of certain provisions of Principal Act
15. Sections 281 to 286, 305A, 312, 318, 319, 325(1)(c), (d) and (e), 326(1)(c) and (d) and (2)(d), 328, 338, 339, 341, 375, 381 to 385, 392, 396 to 398, 401 and 402 of the Principal Act shall not apply to a qualifying partnership.