Companies Act 2014
Appointment of directors to be voted on individually
145. (1) At a general meeting of a company, a motion for the appointment of 2 or more persons as directors of the company by a single resolution shall not be made, unless a resolution that it shall be so made has first been agreed to by the meeting without any vote being given against it.
(2) Subject to subsections (3) and (4), a resolution moved in contravention of this section shall be void, whether or not its being so moved was objected to at the time.
(3) Subsection (2) shall not be taken as excluding the operation of section 135 .
(4) Where a resolution moved in contravention of this section is passed, no provision for the automatic re-appointment of retiring directors in default of another appointment shall apply.
(5) For the purposes of this section, a motion for approving a person's appointment or for nominating a person for appointment shall be treated as a motion for his or her appointment.
(6) Nothing in this section shall apply to a resolution amending the company's constitution.