Companies Act 2014
Registration and its effects
1323. (1) On compliance with the requirements of this Chapter with respect to registration, the Registrar shall certify in writing that the body applying for registration is incorporated, on a date specified by the Registrar, as the type of company specified in the application and shall issue to the company a certificate of incorporation in respect of it, and upon the foregoing date the company shall be so incorporated.
(2) In this Chapter, the foregoing date is referred to as the “registration date”.
(3) A certificate issued under this section in respect of a company shall be conclusive evidence that the requirements of this Chapter in respect of registration and of matters precedent and incidental thereto have been complied with and that the company is duly registered under this Act.
(4) On and from the registration date the following provisions have effect:
(a) the provisions of this Act relating to the numbering of shares shall not apply to stock that had been issued, or shares, not numbered, that had been issued, by the company in its former status before that date;
(b) for the purposes of any provision of this Act which requires delivery of a document or return to the Registrar, the company shall not be obliged to so deliver any document or return, which relates to the period prior to the registration date, if it would not have been required to deliver such document or return had it not registered as a company;
(c) in the event of the company being wound up, every person shall be a contributory, in respect of the debts and liabilities of the company in its former status contracted before the registration date, who is liable to pay or contribute to the payment of—
(i) any debt or liability of the company in its former status contracted or incurred before that date,
(ii) any sum for the adjustment of the rights of the members among themselves in respect of any such debt or liability, or
(iii) the costs and expenses of winding up the company,
so far as relates to the foregoing debts or liabilities;
(d) in the event of the company being wound up, every contributory shall be liable to contribute to the assets of the company, in the course of the winding up, all sums due from him or her in respect of any such liability as is mentioned in paragraph (c), and, in the event of the death or bankruptcy of any contributory, the provisions of this Act relating to the personal representatives of deceased contributories and to the assignees in bankruptcy of bankrupt contributories, respectively, shall apply.
(5) All property, real and personal (including things in action), belonging to or vested in a body corporate registering under this Chapter as a company, shall, on the registration date, pass to and vest in that company for all the estate and interest of the body corporate therein.
(6) Registration under this Chapter shall not affect—
(a) the rights or liabilities of the company in its former status in respect of any debt or obligation incurred, or any contract entered into by, to, with or on behalf of, it in its former status before the registration date, or
(b) the priority of any mortgage, charge, pledge or other security or encumbrance created by the company in its former status before the registration date.
(7) All actions and other legal proceedings which, at the registration date, are pending by or against the company in its former status, or any officer or member thereof, may be continued in the same manner as if the registration of it in its new status had not taken place.