Companies Act 2014
129. (1) A company shall have a secretary, who may be one of the directors.
(2) Anything required or authorised to be done by or to the secretary may, if the office is vacant or there is for any other reason no secretary capable of acting, be done by or to any assistant or deputy secretary or, if there is no assistant or deputy secretary capable of acting, by or to any officer of the company authorised generally or specially in that behalf by the directors.
(3) Subject to section 25(5) , the secretary shall be appointed by the directors of the company for such term, at such remuneration and upon such conditions as they may think fit; and any secretary so appointed may be removed by them.
(4) The directors of a company shall have a duty to ensure that the person appointed as secretary has the skills or resources necessary to discharge his or her statutory and other duties.
(5) The cases to which subsection (4) applies includes the case of an appointment of one of the directors of the company as secretary.
(6) Where a company has only one director, that person may not also hold the office of secretary of the company.
(7) In subsections (2) to (6) references to a secretary include references to joint secretaries.