Companies Act 2014
FORM OF CONSTITUTION OF COMPANY LIMITED BY GUARANTEE
[ name of company as below]
MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION
1. The name of the company is: THE UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION COMPANY LIMITED BY GUARANTEE.
2. The company is a company limited by guarantee, registered under Part 18 of the Companies Act 2014.
3. The objects for which the company is established are the raising of funds for the furtherance of education and research carried out by Irish universities and the doing of all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above object.
4. The liability of the members is limited.
5. Every member of the company undertakes to contribute to the assets of the company, if the company is wound up while he or she is a member or is wound up within one year after the date on which he or she ceases to be a member, for—
(a) the payment of the debts and liabilities of the company contracted before he or she ceases to be a member, and the costs, charges and expenses of winding up; and
(b) the adjustment of the rights of contributories among themselves,
such amount as may be required, not exceeding €1.
ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION
The following Regulations shall apply to the company:
1. The number of members with which the company proposes to be registered is 4.
[In addition to the immediately foregoing words, the following sentence may be included:-*]
The provisions of the Companies Act 2014 are adopted.
*See section 1177(5).
We, the several persons whose names and addresses are subscribed, wish to be formed into a company in pursuance of this constitution.
signature in writing of the above subscribers, attested by witness as provided for below; or
authentication in the manner referred to in section 888 .
Dated the ____ day of _____________ 20__
Witness to the above Signatures: