Competition and Consumer Protection Act 2014
Meetings and procedures of Commission
15. (1) The Commission shall hold such and so many meetings as may be necessary for the due fulfilment of its functions.
(2) At a meeting of the Commission—
(a) the chairperson of the Commission shall, if present, be the chairperson of the meeting, or
(b) if and so long as the chairperson of the Commission is not present, or if that office is vacant, the members of the Commission who are present shall choose one of their number to be chairperson of the meeting.
(3) Every question at a meeting on which a vote is required shall be determined by a majority of the votes of the members of the Commission present and voting on the question and, in the case of an equal division of votes, the chairperson of the meeting shall have a second or casting vote.
(4) Subject to subsection (5), the Commission may act notwithstanding one or more vacancies among its members.
(5) The quorum for a meeting of the Commission shall, unless the Minister otherwise directs, be 3.
(6) The Commission may transact any of its business at a meeting at which its members participate by telephone, closed circuit television or any other means of communication by which all members can hear and be heard at the same time.
(7) A member of the Commission who participates in a meeting referred to in subsection (6) is taken for all purposes to have been present at the meeting and any such member shall have the same voting rights as if he or she were physically present.
(8) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Act of 2002 and the Act of 2007, the Commission shall regulate its procedures by rules or otherwise in such manner as it shall from time to time determine.