Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission Act 2014
Meetings and procedure
16. (1) The Commission shall hold such and so many meetings as may be necessary for the due fulfilment of its functions but in each year shall hold not less than one meeting in each period of 3 months.
(2) At a meeting of the Commission—
(a) the Chief Commissioner shall, if present, be the chairperson of the meeting, or
(b) if and so long as the Chief Commissioner is not present, or if the office of Chief Commissioner is vacant, the members of the Commission who are present shall choose one of the number to act as the chairperson of the meeting.
(3) Every question at a meeting shall be determined by a majority of the votes of the members of the Commission present and voting on the question and, in the case of an equal division of the votes, the chairperson of the meeting shall have a second or casting vote.
(4) The quorum for a meeting of the Commission shall be 5 or such other number, not being less than 5 as the Commission may determine.
(5) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Commission shall regulate its own procedures.