Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission Act 2014
Short title, collective citation, construction and commencement
1. (1) This Act may be cited as the Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission Act 2014.
(2) The European Convention on Human Rights Act 2003 and Part 5 may be cited as the European Convention on Human Rights Acts 2003 and 2014.
(3) This Act shall come into operation on such day or days as the Minister may appoint by order or orders either generally or with reference to any particular purpose or provision and different days may be so appointed for different purposes or different provisions, and for the repeal of different provisions of the enactments effected by section 7 .
Power pursuant to subs. (3) exercised (8.10.2014, 1.11.2014 and 1.01.2015) by Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission Act 2014 (Commencement) Order 2014 (S.I. No. 449 of 2014), in effect as per arts. 3-5.
3. The 8th day of October 2014 is appointed as the day on which the following provisions of the Act of 2014 shall come into operation:
(a) section 1;
(b) section 2;
(c) section 8;
(d) section 11(3);
(e) section 12;
(f) section 13;
(g) section 17;
(h) section 19;
(i) section 20.
4. Subject to Article 5, the 1st day of November 2014 is appointed as the day the Act of 2014, in so far as it is not already in operation, shall come into operation.
5. The 1st day of January 2015 is appointed as the day on which section 21(5) of the Act of 2014 shall come into operation.