Criminal Justice (Forensic Evidence and DNA Database System) Act 2014
Annual report of Committee
74. (1) The Committee shall as soon as may be, but not later than 6 months, after the end of each year make a report in writing to the Minister regarding the performance by the Committee of the functions assigned to it by this Act during that year.
(2) A report under subsection (1) shall include information in such form and regarding such matters as the Minister may direct.
(3) Subject to subsection (4), the Minister shall, as soon as practicable after receiving a report under this section, cause a copy of it to be laid before each House of the Oireachtas and to be published in such manner as the Minister considers appropriate.
(4) Subsections (6) and (7) of section 72 shall, with any necessary modifications, apply to a report received by the Minister under this section as they apply to a report received by him or her under subsection (4) of that section.
(5) Notwithstanding subsection (1), if, but for this subsection, the first report under this section would relate to a period of less than 6 months, the report shall relate to that period and to the year immediately following that period and shall be made as soon as may be, but not later than 6 months, after the end of that year.