Criminal Justice (Forensic Evidence and DNA Database System) Act 2014
Cooperation with Committee
73. (1) The Director and the other members of the staff of FSI shall cooperate with the Committee in relation to the performance by the Committee of its functions under this Act.
(2) The Director and the other members of the staff of FSI shall, for the purposes of subsection (1) furnish the Committee with such information as it may request and which, in the opinion of the Committee, is required for the performance of its functions.
(3) The Committee may, whenever it considers it appropriate to do so, request the Garda Síochána and the Ombudsman Commission to furnish information to it that is required for the performance of its functions under this Act.
(4) The Garda Síochána and the Ombudsman Commission shall comply with a request under subsection (3).
(5) Nothing in any other enactment shall prohibit the disclosure of relevant factual information either to or by the Committee.