Local Government Reform Act 2014
Dissolution of county development boards and city development boards
35. (1) In this section “Boards” means the county development boards and city development boards established under section 129 of the Principal Act.
(2) The Minister shall by order dissolve all the Boards with effect from such date or dates as the Minister specifies.
(3) The Minister may, with the consent of the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, by order make provision for the transfer of the assets and liabilities of the Boards, either generally or in respect of any particular Board or class of Boards.
(4) An order to which subsection (3) relates shall contain such provisions as the Minister considers necessary or expedient consequential on the dissolution of the Boards concerned, and, in particular, may make provision for—
(a) the application of any of the provisions of Schedule 4 (other than paragraphs 3(2), 6(2)(a), 7, 8, 12 and 13, subparagraphs (3) and (4) of paragraph 14 and paragraph 15 and such other provisions as may be specified) either generally to all Boards or to one or more than one named Board as if—
(i) references in that Schedule to “relevant day or date” were a reference to the date provided for in the order for the dissolution of the Board concerned,
(ii) references to a dissolved authority were references to a Board dissolved by order under this section,
(iii) in relation to a Board, references to a successor authority were references to such corporate or unincorporated body designated in the order as the successor body, and different bodies may be designated in respect of different matters, including by reference to a geographical area,
together with such other modifications as the Minister considers necessary or expedient, and
(b) any other transitional, supplementary or incidental matters that appear to the Minister to be necessary or expedient to facilitate the dissolution either generally of all Boards or of one or more than one named Board.
(5) Where an order under subsection (3) is made, land to which the order relates shall, on the date specified in the order in relation to that land, vest in such person or body referred to for that purpose in the order without any further conveyance, transfer or assignment.
Power pursuant to section exercised (1.06.2014) by County and City Development Boards Dissolution Order 2014 (S.I. No. 233 of 2014), in effect as per art. 2.