Water Services (No. 2) Act 2013
Directions to Commission
42. (1) The Minister may, from time to time and after having considered any representations made to him or her in accordance with an invitation under subsection (4), give to the Commission such direction of a general policy nature as he or she considers appropriate.
(2) The Commission shall comply with a direction under this section.
(3) The Commission shall, upon the request of the Minister, provide the Minister with a report in writing of the measures (including the expenditure incurred by it as a result of such measures) that it has taken to comply with a direction under this section.
(4) The Minister shall, before giving a direction under this section—
(a) give a draft of the proposed direction to—
(i) the Commission, and
(ii) the Joint Committee referred to in paragraph 26 of Schedule 1 to the Electricity Regulation Act 1999,
and invite those persons to make representations, in writing, in relation thereto within such period (being not less than 30 days from the giving of the draft to the Commission or publication of the draft under paragraph (b), whichever occurs later) as is specified in the notice referred to in paragraph (b), and
(i) the draft and the reasons for the Minister’s proposing to give the direction concerned in Iris Oifigiúil, and
(ii) a notice inviting the making of representations by interested persons in relation to the draft within such period (being not less than 30 days from the giving of the draft to the Commission under paragraph (a) or publication of the draft under this paragraph, whichever occurs later) as is specified in the notice.
(5) Where the Minister proposes to give a direction under this section, he or she may consult in relation thereto with such other Ministers of the Government as he or she considers appropriate.
(6) The Minister shall arrange for the publication in Iris Oifigiúil of each direction given by him or her under this section.
Cessation of household water allowance outlined in direction on water charges policy made under section provided (28.12.2014) by Water Services Act 2014 (44/2014), s. 3(11), commenced on enactment.