Education and Training Boards Act 2013
Directions following report on operation of an education and training board.
41.— (1) Where, on consideration of a report submitted to him or her under section 40(8) , the Minister is of the opinion that it is appropriate to give a direction to the education and training board concerned in relation to the performance of any of its functions, the Minister shall by notice in writing—
( a) inform the board of his or her opinion and state the reasons for that opinion,
( b) state the terms of the proposed direction, and
( c) give a copy of the report to the board.
(2) The education and training board concerned may make representations to the Minister in respect of the Minister’s opinion, the proposed direction and the report not later than 14 days from the service of a notice under subsection (1).
(3) The Minister may, after consideration of any representations made under subsection (2), give a direction in writing to the education and training board concerned specifying—
( a) the measures to be taken by the board in relation to the performance of any of its functions, and
( b) any other requirement the Minister determines.
(4) An education and training board and chief executive of the board shall comply with a direction given under subsection (3).
(5) A direction to an education and training board under subsection (3) may require that board to enter into an arrangement with another education and training board whereby the last-mentioned board provides education and training in the functional area of the first-mentioned board, subject to such terms as may be specified in the direction.
(6) Where a direction under subsection (3) requires an arrangement referred to in subsection (5) both education and training boards referred to in that subsection shall enter into and give effect to the arrangement.