Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Act 2010
Annex I to Directive 2013/36/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 June 201313 on Access to the Activity of Credit Institutions and the Prudential Supervision of Credit Institutions and Investment Firms, Amending Directive 2002/87/EC and repealing Directives 2006/48/EC and 2006/49/EC
LIST OF ACTIVITIES SUBJECT TO MUTUAL RECOGNITION
1. Taking deposits and other repayable funds.
2. Lending including inter alia: consumer credit, credit agreements relating to immovable property, factoring, with or without recourse, financing of commercial transactions (including forfeiting).
3. Financial leasing.
4. Payment services as defined in Article 4(3) of Directive 2007/64/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 November 200714 on payment services in the internal market amending Directives 97/7/EC, 2002/65/EC, 2005/60/EC and 2006/48/EC and repealing Directive 97/5/EC.
5. Issuing and administering other means of payment (e.g. travellers’ cheques and bankers’ drafts) insofar as such activity is not covered by point 4.
6. Guarantees and commitments.
7. Trading for own account or for account of customers in any of the following:
(a) money market instruments (cheques, bills, certificates of deposit, etc.);
(b) foreign exchange;
(c) financial futures and options;
(d) exchange and interest-rate instruments;
(e) transferable securities.
8. Participation in securities issues and the provision of services relating to such issues.
9. Advice to undertakings on capital structure, industrial strategy and related questions and advice as well as services relating to mergers and the purchase of undertakings.
10. Money broking.
11. Portfolio management and advice.
12. Safekeeping and administration of securities.
13. Credit reference services.
14. Safe custody services.
15. Issuing electronic money.
The services and activities provided for in Sections A and B of Annex I to Directive 2004/39/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 April 200415 on markets in financial instruments, when referring to the financial instruments provided for in Section C of Annex I of that Directive, are subject to mutual recognition in accordance with Directive 2013/36/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 June 201316.]
Substituted (26.11.2018) by Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) (Amendment) Act 2018 (26/2018), s. 37, S.I. No. 486 of 2018.