Adoption Act 2010
Chief executive officer.
103.— (1) The Authority shall appoint a person recruited in accordance with the Public Service Management (Recruitment and Appointments) Act 2004 to be the chief executive officer of the Authority.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1) , the Minister may appoint the first chief executive officer for a term to be determined by the Minister.
(3) A person is not eligible for appointment as the chief executive officer if the person is—
( a) a member of either House of the Oireachtas or of the European Parliament,
( c) a member of a local authority.
(4) The chief executive officer holds office, subject to subsection (3) , on the terms and conditions (including those relating to remuneration, allowances and superannuation) to be determined by the Authority with the approval of the Minister given with the consent of the Minister for Finance.
(5) The chief executive officer, with the approval of the Minister, may be removed from office by the Authority for stated reasons.
(6) The chief executive officer may attend any meeting of the Authority or of a committee of the Authority.