Inland Fisheries Act 2010
Effects of delegation and sub-delegation of functions.
26.— (1) If a function of IFI is delegated by IFI to the chief executive under section 16(1) , references in a provision of this Act or any other enactment that assigns that function to IFI or that regulates the manner in which the function is to be performed are to be read as references to the chief executive.
(2) If a function of the chief executive under section 24 is delegated by him or her to an employee of IFI under section 25 or is sub-delegated by an employee authorised to do so under section 25 , references in any provision of this Act or any other enactment that regulates the manner in which that function is to be performed are to be read as references to the employee to whom the function is delegated or sub-delegated.
(3) If a function is delegated under section 16(1) or 25 or sub-delegated under section 25 , the delegation or sub-delegation is to be taken to include the delegation or sub-delegation of any duty or power incidental to or connected with that function.
(4) An act or thing done by the chief executive under a delegation by IFI under section 16(1) has the same force and effect as if done by IFI.
(5) An act or thing done by an employee of IFI under a delegation or sub-delegation under section 25 has the same force and effect as if done by the chief executive.
(6) The revocation of a delegation by IFI or the chief executive does not affect a sub-delegation authorised under section 25 , unless IFI or the chief executive, as the case may be, otherwise directs.
(7) A delegation or sub-delegation of a function does not cease to have effect solely because the person who delegated or sub-delegated the function or authorised its sub-delegation no longer holds the position that the person held when the function was delegated, sub-delegated or authorised to be sub-delegated.