National Asset Management Agency Act 2009
Audit committee, credit committee, finance committee and risk-management committee.
32.— (1) As soon as practicable after the establishment day, the Board shall establish 4 committees, and shall (subject to subsection (2) , in the case of the audit committee) appoint members to them, as follows:
( a) an audit committee;
( b) a credit committee;
( c) a finance committee;
( d) a risk-management committee.
(2) There shall be 6 members of the audit committee. The Minister shall appoint 2 members from among qualified persons who are not members of the Board, and shall determine the terms of their service on the Committee, including removal and resignation. The Board shall appoint the other 4 members from among the members of the Board.
(3) The Board shall not appoint the Chairperson or an ex-officio member of the Board as a member of the audit committee.
(4) The members of the credit committee, the finance committee and the risk-management committee shall be members of the Board or officers of NAMA. At least 2 members of each of those committees shall be members of the Board.
(5) A member of a committee (other than a member of the audit committee appointed by the Minister) established under subsection (1) serves on the committee concerned on such terms (including term of office, removal and resignation) as the Board determines.
(6) The Board shall determine the terms of reference and procedures of each committee established under subsection (1) .
(7) With the approval of the Minister, NAMA, from its own resources, may remunerate a member of the audit committee who is not a member of the Board.
(8) The Board may dissolve a committee established under subsection (1) . If the Board dissolves such a committee, the Board shall re-establish that committee as soon as practicable.
(10) Section 30 applies in relation to a member of a committee established under subsection (1) who is not a member of the Board. For the purposes of that application—
( a) references to members of the Board shall be construed as references to members of the committee,
( b) references to the Board shall be construed as references to the committee, and
( c) guidelines made for the purposes of section 30 (7) apply with the modifications set out in paragraphs (a) and (b) .