National Asset Management Agency Act 2009
Membership of Board.
19.— (1) The Board consists of—
( a) 7 members appointed by the Minister (in this Act referred to as “appointed members”), and
( b) the Chief Executive Officer of NAMA and the Chief Executive of the NTMA as ex-officio members.
(2) Subject to subsections (3), (4) and (6) , the Minister shall appoint a person to be an appointed member only if, in the opinion of the Minister, the person has expertise and experience at a senior level in one or more of the following:
( a) finance and economics;
( b) law;
( c) social housing and community development;
( d) accountancy and auditing;
( e) public administration;
( f) credit management;
( g) project finance;
( h) construction and land development;
( i) property management and sale;
( j) valuation;
( k) urban and land planning;
( l) banking and investment;
( m) insolvency and restructuring;
( n) risk management.
(3) A person who is for the time being entitled under the Standing Orders of either House of the Oireachtas to sit in that House or who is a member of the European Parliament is disqualified from appointment as an appointed member of the Board while he or she is so entitled or is such a member.
(4) A person who is a member of a local authority is disqualified from appointment as a member.
(5) A member of the Board shall, not later than 3 months after appointment, furnish to the Minister a tax clearance certificate.
(6) The Minister shall, so far as is practicable and having regard to relevant experience, ensure an equitable balance between men and women in the composition of the Board.