Grangegorman Development Agency Act 2005
Chairperson of Agency.
18.—(1) The term of office of the chairperson of the Agency shall be 3 years.
(2) The chairperson shall not be entitled to serve more than 2 terms of office.
(3) Where the chairperson of the Agency ceases to hold such office, he or she shall also cease to be a member of the Agency.
(4) Where the chairperson of the Agency ceases to be a member of the Agency he or she shall also thereupon cease to be chairperson of the Agency.
(5) The chairperson of the Agency may resign his or her office as chairperson by letter addressed to the Minister and the resignation shall take effect on the date specified therein or on receipt of the letter by the Minister, whichever is the later.
(6) The chairperson of the Agency shall, unless he or she sooner dies or otherwise ceases to be chairperson by virtue of subsection (3) or (4), hold such office until the expiration of his or her period of membership of the Agency and, if he or she is re-appointed as a member of the Agency, he or she shall, subject to subsection (2), be eligible to be designated as chairperson of the Agency in accordance with section 17(4).