Residential Tenancies Act 2004
Application of Chapter 3 and section 42 to every further Part 4 tenancy.
47.—(1) Chapter 3 applies to every further Part 4 tenancy as it applies to a Part 4 tenancy.
(2) For that purpose, references in that Chapter to a Part 4 tenancy shall be read as references to a further Part 4 tenancy.
(3) For that purpose the following modifications of section 33 and 34 (in Chapter 3) also apply.
(4) F98 [ … ]
(5) In paragraph (b) of section 34 “ F99 [ 6 years ] from the commencement of the tenancy” shall be substituted, in subparagraph (ii), for “ F99 [ 6 years ] mentioned in section 28(2)(a) in relation to the tenancy”, and that paragraph (b), as it is to be read and have effect for the purposes of this section, is set out in paragraph 2 of the Table to this section.
(6) F98 [ … ]
1. A further Part 4 tenancy may not be terminated by the landlord save in accordance with section 34 F98 [ … ].
2. ( b) irrespective of whether any of those grounds exist, if—
(i) a notice of termination giving the required period of notice is served by the landlord in respect of the tenancy, and
(ii) that period of notice expires on or after the end of the period of F99 [ 6 years ] from the commencement of the tenancy.
Deleted (17.01.2017) by Planning and Development (Housing) and Residential Tenancies Act 2016 (17/2016), s. 41(4) and sch. part 2 ref. nos. 7-9, S.I. No. 7 of 2017.
Substituted (24.12.2016) by Planning and Development (Housing) and Residential Tenancies Act 2016 (17/2016), s. 37(2) and sch. part 1 ref. nos. 9, 10, in effect as per s. 1(3)(b) and s. 37(3), which provides “(3) This section applies to all tenancies created after the coming into operation of this section.”