Residential Tenancies Act 2004
176.—(1) The Board may charge, receive and recover such fees as the Board may from time to time determine, subject to the consent of the Minister, in relation to the performance by the Board of its functions, the provision by it of services (other than a service consisting of the provision of information or advice to the Minister) and the carrying on by it of activities.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of any fee provision for the charging for, or payment of, which is made by any other provision of this Act.
(3) Without prejudice to the generality of subsection (1), the Board may charge fees in respect of all or any of the following:
( a) access to records of determination orders made under section 121 ,
( b) provision of a F287 [ … ] certified copy of a determination order made under section 121 ,
F288 [ ( ba ) the making of an application under section 134 which is not made in electronic form, ]
( c) copies of publications produced by the Board,
( d) the provision of details of an aggregated nature under section 131 .
(4) The Board may recover, as a simple contract debt in any court of competent jurisdiction, from the person by whom it is payable, any amount due and owing to it under this or any other provision of this Act.
(5) Fees received by the Board under this Act shall be paid into or disposed of for the benefit of the Exchequer in such manner as the F289 [ Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform ] may direct.
(6) The Public Offices Fees Act 1879 shall not apply to any fees payable under this Act.
Deleted (23.07.2018) by Planning and Development (Housing) and Residential Tenancies Act 2016 (17/2016), s. 48(2) and sch. part 3 ref. no. 14, S.I. No. 266 of 2018.
Inserted (7.04.2016) by Residential Tenancies (Amendment) Act 2015 (42/2015), s. 21, S.I. No. 151 of 2016.
Substituted (31.05.2019) by Residential Tenancies (Amendment) Act 2019 (14/2019), s. 32, S.I. No. 236 of 2019.