Residential Tenancies Act 2004
Membership of Board.
153.—(1) The members of the Board shall be such number, not less than 9 and F278 [ not more than 12 ], as the Minister considers appropriate from time to time.
(2) The members of the Board shall be appointed by the Minister as soon as may be after the establishment day and shall be persons who, in the Minister’s opinion, have experience in a field of expertise relevant to the Board’s functions.
(3) Except as provided for by subsection (2), the members of the Board shall be appointed from time to time as occasion requires by the Minister.
(4) The Minister shall, in so far as is practicable, ensure an equitable balance between the numbers of members of the Board who are women and the number of them who are men.
(5) The Minister when appointing a member shall fix such member’s period of membership which shall not exceed 5 years and, subject to this section, membership shall be on such terms as the Minister may determine.
(6) The members of the Board (including the chairperson) may be paid such remuneration as the Minister, with the consent of the Minister for Finance, may determine.
Substituted (1.03.2016) by Residential Tenancies (Amendment) Act 2015 (42/2015), s. 66, S.I. No. 119 of 2016.