Residential Tenancies Act 2004
Establishment of Board.
150.—(1) On the establishment day there shall stand established a board to be known as An Bord um Thionóntachtaí Cónaithe Príobháideacha or, in the English language, the Private Residential Tenancies Board (in this Act referred to as “the Board”) to perform the functions conferred on it by this Act.
(2) The Board shall be a body corporate with perpetual succession and an official seal and power to sue and be sued in its corporate name and, with the consent of the Minister, to acquire, hold and dispose of land, or an interest in land and to acquire, hold and dispose of any other property.
(3) The Board shall, subject to the provisions of this Act, be independent in the performance of its functions.
(4) The Board shall have all such powers as are necessary or expedient for or incidental to the performance of its functions under this Act.
Modifications (not altering text):
Board renamed as Residential Tenancies Board (7.04.2016) by Residential Tenancies (Amendment) Act 2015 (42/2015), s. 13(1), S.I. No. 151 of 2016.
Change of name of Board
13. (1) The board established under section 150 of the Principal Act shall, on and from the commencement of this section, be re-named An Bord um Thionóntachtaí Cónaithe or, in the English language, the Residential Tenancies Board.
(3) In any enactment or any instrument under an enactment, references to the Private Residential Tenancies Board shall be construed as references to the Residential Tenancies Board.