Residential Tenancies Act 2004
Establishment of register.
127.—(1) The Board shall, as soon as practicable after the establishment day, establish and maintain a register which shall be known as the “private residential tenancies register” and is in this Act referred to as the “register”.
(2) There shall be registered in the register each tenancy of a dwelling in the State the subject of an application for registration made under, and in accordance with, this Part.
(3) The form of the register, the types of information to be contained in it, the format of any aspect of that information and any other matters relevant to the maintenance of the register shall be such as the Board determines from time to time.
(4) Save under and in accordance with this Act and subject to subsection (5), no information contained in the register shall be disclosed to any person.
(5) Subsection (4) does not apply to a disclosure of information contained in the register by—
( a) a member of the Board,
( b) a member of a committee of the Board,
( c) a member of staff of the Board,
( d) a mediator or adjudicator, or
( e) a person whose services are provided to the Board under section 167 ,
in the performance of any of his or her functions under this Act, being a disclosure the making of which is necessary for the performance by him or her of any such function.
Modifications (not altering text):
Register renamed “residential tenancies register” and references construed (7.04.2016) by Residential Tenancies (Amendment) Act 2015 (42/2015), s. 14, S.I. No. 151 of 2016.
Change of name of register
14. (1) The register established and maintained under section 127(1) of the Principal Act shall, on and from the commencement of this section, be re-named the “residential tenancies register”.
(2) In any enactment or any instrument under an enactment references to the private residential tenancies register shall be construed as references to the residential tenancies register.