Valuation Act 2001
Appeals to the High Court and Supreme Court.
39.—(1) After the determination of an appeal under section 37 by the Tribunal, any party to the appeal, if dissatisfied with the determination as being erroneous in point of law, may declare in writing to the Tribunal his or her dissatisfaction and such a declaration shall be made within 21 days from the date of the Tribunal's having made its determination.
(2) The party, having declared his or her dissatisfaction, may, within 28 days from the date of the said determination, by notice in writing addressed to the chairperson of the Tribunal, require the Tribunal to state and sign a case for the opinion of the High Court thereon within 3 months from the date of receipt of such notice.
(3) The case shall set forth the facts and the determination of the Tribunal and the party requiring it shall transmit the case, when stated and signed by the chairperson of the Tribunal, to the High Court within 7 days from the date of receiving it.
(4) At or before the time when he or she transmits the case to the High Court, the party requiring it shall serve notice in writing of the fact that the case has been stated on his or her application, together with a copy of the case, on each other party to the appeal referred to in subsection (1).
(5) The High Court shall hear and determine any question or questions of law arising on the case, and shall reverse, affirm or amend the determination in respect of which the case has been stated, or shall remit the matter to the Tribunal with the opinion of the Court thereon, or may make such other order in relation to the matter as the Court thinks fit.
(6) The High Court may cause the case to be sent back for amendment, and thereupon the case shall be amended accordingly, and judgement shall be delivered after it has been amended.
(7) An appeal shall lie to the Supreme Court from the decision of the High Court under this section.
Modifications (not altering text):
Application of section extended (1.09.2015) by Urban Regeneration and Housing Act 2015 (33/2015), s. 13(7), S.I. No. 364 of 2015.
Appeal of market value determination
(7) Sections 4 and 39 of the Valuation Act 2001 shall apply to the determination of an appeal under this section as they apply to the determination of appeals under that Act.
Fees under subs. (2) prescribed (20.07.2015) by Valuation Act 2001 (Case Stated for High Court) (Fee) Regulations 2015 (S.I. No. 307 of 2015), reg. 2, in effect as per reg. 1(2).