Education (Welfare) Act 2000
20.—(1) The principal of a recognised school shall, as soon as may be after the commencement of this section, cause to be established and maintained a register of all students attending that school.
(2) The principal of a recognised school shall, on the day on which the child first attends that school, enter the child's name, the date of his or her first so attending and such other particulars as may be prescribed by the Minister, in the register maintained under this section in respect of that school, and the child concerned shall, for the purposes of this Act, be deemed, as on and from that date, to be registered in that school.
(3) The principal of a recognised school shall, as soon as may be after entering in the register maintained under this section in respect of that school the name of a child who is registered in another recognised school, so inform by notification in writing the principal of the second-mentioned school.
(4) The principal of the second-mentioned school referred to in subsection (3) shall, on receipt of a notification under that subsection, remove the name of the child concerned from the register maintained under this section in respect of the said second-mentioned school except where the child continues to receive part of his or her education at that school.
(5) The principal of a recognised school shall, on receiving a notification under subsection (3) in relation to a child, notify the principal of the school first-mentioned in that subsection of—
(a) any problems relating to school attendance that the child concerned had while attending the second-mentioned school referred to therein, and
(b) such other matters relating to the child's educational progress as he or she considers appropriate.
(6) The principal of a recognised school shall not remove a child's name from the register other than—
(a) in accordance with subsection (4), or
(b) where he or she has received a notification in writing from the F19[Child and Family Agency] that the child concerned is registered in the register maintained under section 14.
Substituted (1.01.2014) by Child and Family Agency Act 2013 (40/2013), s. 97 and sch. 2 part 13 item 1, S.I. No. 502 of 2013.