Electricity Regulation Act 1999
Establishment of Commission.
8.—(1) The Minister shall by order appoint a day to be the establishment day for the purposes of this Act.
(2) There shall stand established on the establishment day a body to be known in the Irish language as An Coimisiún um Rialáil Leictreachais or in the English language as the Commission for Electricity Regulation and in this Act referred to as the “Commission” to perform the functions conferred on it by this Act.
(3) F57[Schedule 1] shall apply to the Commission.
(4) The Commission shall be a body corporate with perpetual succession and a common seal and power to sue and be used in its corporate name and to acquire, hold and dispose of land or an interest in land, and to acquire, hold and dispose of any other property.
(5) The seal of the Commission shall be authenticated by the signature of the chairperson of the Commission, or by the signatures of any other member of the Commission and a member of the staff of the Commission authorised by the Commission to act in that behalf.
(6) Judicial notice shall be taken of the seal of the Commission and every document purporting to be an instrument made by and to be sealed with the seal of the Commission (purporting to be authenticated in accordance with this section) shall be received in evidence and be deemed to be such instrument without proof unless the contrary is shown.
Substituted (24.12.2006) by Energy (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2006 (40/2006), s. 10(1)(b), commencement on enactment.
Modifications (not altering text):
“Commission for Energy Regulation” construed (2.10.2017) by Energy Act 2016 (12/2016), s. 4, commenced (28.04.2017) by S.I. No. 171 of 2017, day appointed (2.10.2017) by S.I. No. 397 of 2017.
Change of name of Commission for Energy Regulation
4. The Commission for Energy Regulation (established by section 8 of the Act of 1999) shall, on and from such day as the Minister appoints by order, be known as the Commission for Regulation of Utilities or in the Irish language as An Coimisiún um Rialáil Fóntais and references in this Act or any other Act of the Oireachtas, any instrument made under this Act or any other Act of the Oireachtas, any legal proceedings and any document to the Commission for Energy Regulation shall from that day be read as references to the Commission for Regulation of Utilities.
“Commission for Electricity Regulation” construed (10.04.2002) by Gas (Interim) (Regulation) Act 2002 (10/2002), s. 5, commenced on enactment.
Commission for Energy Regulation
5.—The Commission for Electricity Regulation (established by section 8 of the Act of 1999) shall, on the appointed day, be known as the Commission for Energy Regulation or in the Irish language as An Coimisiún um Rialáil Fuinnimh and references in that Act, any other Act of the Oireachtas, any instrument made under any Act of the Oireachtas, any legal proceedings and any document to the Commission for Electricity Regulation shall from that day be construed as references to the Commission for Energy Regulation.
Power pursuant to subs. (1) exercised (14.07.1999) Electricity Regulation Act, 1999 (Establishment Day) Order 1999 (S.I. No. 214 of 1999).