Credit Union Act 1997
Delivery to the Registrar of documents otherwise than in legible form.
104.— (1) This section applies to the delivery to the F228 [ Bank ] under any provision of this Act of documents otherwise than in legible form (whether by electronic means or otherwise).
(2) Any requirement to deliver a document to the F228 [ Bank ], or to deliver a document in the prescribed form, shall be satisfied by the communication to the F228 [ Bank ] of the requisite information in any non-legible form specified by the F228 [ Bank ] for the purposes of this section.
(3) Any document which (in legible form) would be required to be signed or sealed, shall instead be authenticated in such manner as may be specified by the F228 [ Bank ] for the purposes of this section.
(4) The document must—
( a) contain in a prominent position the registered number of the credit union to which it relates,
( b) satisfy any requirements specified by the F228 [ Bank ] for the purposes of this section, and
( c) be furnished in such manner and conform to such requirements as may be so specified for the purposes of enabling the F228 [ Bank ] to read and copy the document.
(5) If a document is delivered to the F228 [ Bank ] which does not comply with the requirements of this section, F228 [ it ] may serve on the person by whom the document was delivered (or if there are two or more such persons, on any of them) a notice indicating the respect in which the document does not comply.
F228 [ (6) The Bank may not serve a notice under subsection (5) after the end of 3 months from the date on which it received the document to which the notice relates. ]
(7) Where the F228 [ Bank ] serves a notice under subsection (5), then, unless a replacement document—
( a) is delivered to F228 [ it ] within 28 days after the service of the notice, and
( b) complies with the requirement of this section or is not rejected by F228 [ it ] for failure to comply with those requirements,
the original document shall be deemed not to have been delivered to F228 [ it ].
(8) For the purposes of any provision imposing a penalty for failure to deliver a document, so far as it imposes a penalty for continued contravention, no account shall be taken of the period between the delivery of the original document and the end of the period of 28 days after the service of the F228 [ Bank ]'s notice under subsection (5).
F228 [ (9) Regulations under section 182 may make further provision for the delivery of documents, or the service of notices, under this section by instantaneous forms of communication. ]
(10) In this section “ document” includes any periodic account, abstract, statement or return required to be delivered to the F228 [ Bank ].