Investment Limited Partnerships Act 1994
F108[Duty to keep information in beneficial ownership register and central register aligned and up to date.
54. (1) The purpose of this section is to require that any changes that occur in the information contained in an investment limited partnership’s beneficial ownership register be reflected by a corresponding change being made in the central register; accordingly there is imposed on the general partner of an investment limited partnership by this section an obligation — referred to in this section as the ‘follow up obligation’ - to deliver information to the Registrar so as to allow any such change to be reflected in the central register.
(2) The provisions of this section shall have effect in relation to an investment limited partnership following the discharge by the general partner of the investment limited partnership of its initial central filing obligation (and in subsection (3) the time on which that obligation is so discharged is referred to as the "relevant time").
(3) Where at any time, subsequent to the relevant time, the obligation referred to in subsection (4) falls to be discharged by a general partner of the investment limited partnership, then there is also imposed on the general partner, by this section, the follow up obligation specified in subsection (5).
(4) The first-mentioned obligation in subsection (3) of the general partner is the obligation to—
(a) enter any information in the investment limited partnership’s beneficial ownership register, or
(b) amend or delete any information in that register,
whether by virtue of its duty under section 27A(1) to hold accurate and current information regarding the investment limited partnership’s beneficial ownership or any provision of section 27B, 27C, 28, 28A or 28B.
(5) The general partner’s follow up obligation is to deliver to the Registrar, as appropriate—
(a) the same information as that which (as mentioned in subsection (4)(a)) the general partner is required to enter in the investment limited partnership’s beneficial ownership register, or
(b) the appropriate information that will enable the Registrar to make the same amendment or deletion of information in the central register as that which (as mentioned in subsection (4)(b)) the general partner is required to make in the investment limited partnership’s beneficial ownership register,
and the follow up obligation shall be discharged within 14 days from the date on which the first-mentioned obligation in subsection (3) falls to be discharged by the general partner.
(6) Section 52(2) to (7) and, as the case may be, section 53 shall apply in a case where information is delivered to the Registrar under subsection (5) as they apply in a case where information is delivered to the Registrar under section 51(1), (2) or (3).]
Inserted (1.03.2021) by Investment Limited Partnerships (Amendment) Act 2020 (31/2020), s. 39, S.I. No. 19 of 2021.