Environmental Protection Agency Act 1992
F179[Register of licences.
91.—(1) The Agency shall maintain a register (in this Act referred to as the "register of licences") for the purposes of this Part and shall make therein all such entries and additions as may, from time to time, be prescribed.
(2) The register of licences shall be kept at the headquarters of the Agency and shall be made available for inspection by any person free of charge during office hours.
(3) When a request is made to the Agency for a copy of an entry in the register of licences, the copy shall be issued to the person requesting it on the payment by him to the Agency of such fee (if any) as the Agency shall fix not exceeding the reasonable cost of making the copy.
(4) Every document purporting to be a copy of an entry in the register of licences and purporting to be certified by an officer of the Agency to be a true copy of the entry shall, without proof of the signature of the person purporting so to certify or that he was such officer, be received in evidence in any legal proceedings and shall, unless the contrary is shown, be deemed to be a true copy of the entry and be evidence of the terms of the entry.
(5) Evidence of an entry in the register of licences may be given by production of a copy thereof certified pursuant to this section and it shall not be necessary to produce the register of licences itself.
(6) Every entry in the register of licences relating to an activity in the functional area of a planning authority shall be notified to that planning authority by the Agency as soon as may be and the planning authority shall maintain a copy of these notifications in a register which shall be made available for inspection by any person free of charge during office hours.]
Substituted (12.07.2004) by Protection of the Environment Act 2003 (27/2003), s. 15, S.I. No. 393 of 2004.