National College of Art and Design Act 1971
The Director and Registrar and officers and servants.
17.—(I) There shall be a director of the College (who shall be known as the Director of an Coláiste Náisiúnta Ealaíne is Deartha and is in this Act referred to as the Director) and a registrar of the College (who shall be known as the Registrar of an Coláiste Náisiúnta Ealaíne is Deartha and is in this Act referred to as the Registrar).
F16[(2) The Director shall be the chief officer of An Bord and the provisions of the Schedule shall apply to the Director.]
F16[(3) The Registrar shall act as registrar and secretary of the College.]
(4) The Director and the Registrar shall be appointed by An Bord and shall hold office subject to such terms and conditions (including conditions of remuneration) as may be determined by An Bord, with the approval of the Minister and with the consent of the Minister for Finance, when appointing them.
(5) Subject to subsection (6) of this section An Bord may appoint such other officers and servants as it shall from time to time think necessary for the due performance of its functions.
(6) The numbers, grades, qualifications, tenure of office and remuneration of the officers of An Bord shall be subject to the approval of the Minister with the consent of the Minister for Finance.
(7) An officer or servant of An Bord shall hold his office or employment on such terms and conditions as An Bord may from time to time, with the approval of the Minister and the consent of the Minister for Finance, determine.
(8) The procedure for the selection of persons for appointment as whole-time officers of An Bord shall be determined by An Bord with the approval of the Minister.
(9) An Bord may remove or suspend from office or employment any of its officers or servants.
Substituted (10.11.2022) by Higher Education Authority Act 2022 (31/2022), s. 126(a), (b), S.I. No. 554 of 2022.