Air Navigation and Transport Act 2022
Minister may review regulation of airport charges by Commission
100. The Act of 2001 is amended by the insertion of the following section after section 33:
“33A. (1) The Minister may, at any time, carry out a review of the regulation of airport charges by the Commission under this Act.
(2) Before carrying out a review under subsection (1), the Minister shall publish a notice setting out—
(a) that the Minister proposes to carry out a review of the regulation of airport charges, and
(b) that submissions in respect of the review may be made to the Minister in writing before a date specified in the notice (being not less than one month from the date of publication of the notice).
(3) When carrying out a review under subsection (1), the Minister shall—
(a) consider any submissions made to the Minister under subsection (2)(b),
(b) consider the most recent report prepared by the Commission under section 8B, if applicable,
(c) have regard to the policies of the Government on aviation,
(d) assess the effectiveness of the regulation of airport charges by the Commission under this Act, and
(e) make recommendations to the Government on legislative change or any other policy matters concerning the regulation of airport charges, as appear to the Minister to be appropriate as a result of the review.
(4) As soon as may be following the completion of a review under this section, the Minister shall prepare a report setting out the findings of the review.
(5) The Minister shall submit a copy of the report under subsection (4) to the Government and the Minister shall cause a copy of the report to be laid before each House of the Oireachtas as soon as may be after it is approved by the Government.
(6) After the report has been laid before each House of the Oireachtas, the Minister shall arrange for the report to be published on the internet.”.