Maritime Area Planning Act 2021
Staff of MARA, etc.
64. (1) The MARA may, with the consent of the Minister given with the approval of the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, appoint such and so many persons to be members of the staff of the MARA as it may determine.
(2) (a) The terms and conditions of service of a member of the staff of the MARA and the grade at which he or she serves shall be such as may be determined by the MARA with the consent of the Minister and the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform.
(b) The remuneration and allowances for expenses of the members of staff of the MARA are payable by the MARA out of funds at its disposal.
(3) A member of staff of the MARA appointed under subsection (1) shall be a civil servant (within the meaning of the Civil Service Regulation Acts 1956 to 2005) in the Civil Service of the State.
(4) The MARA shall be the appropriate authority (within the meaning of the Civil Service Commissioners Act 1956 and the Civil Service Regulation Acts 1956 to 2005) in relation to its officers.
(5) The MARA may make arrangements with—
(a) a public body, or
(b) any other person, organisation, group or body (including a company),
for the engagement with the MARA on a temporary basis of a person in the service of, or employed by, as the case may be, that public body, or person, organisation, group or body referred to in paragraph (b).
(6) A person who is engaged on a temporary basis with the MARA pursuant to subsection (5) shall be under the direction and control of the MARA during the period of temporary engagement.
(7) The MARA may engage such consultants or advisers as it considers necessary for the performance of its functions.
(8) Fees due to a consultant or adviser engaged under this section are payable by the MARA out of funds at its disposal.
(9) Without prejudice to the generality of subsection (5), the Minister may make available to the MARA, premises, equipment, services and other resources for the performance by the MARA of its functions.
(10) The Minister may, subject to agreement with the relevant chief executive (by whatever name called) of any public body, under the Minister’s aegis, including any local authority, provide for the provision of services under subsection (9).