Legal Services Regulation Act 2015
Reports to Minister
21. (1) The Authority shall, not later than 30 April in each year, make a report (in this section referred to as the “annual report”) to the Minister and to the Oireachtas Joint Committee on Justice, Defence and Equality, or any Oireachtas Joint Committee that may replace that Committee, on the performance of its functions during the preceding year.
(2) The annual report shall be in such form and shall include information in respect of such matters as the Authority considers appropriate.
(3) The Authority may make such other reports to the Minister relating to its functions as it considers appropriate.
(4) The Authority shall give to the Oireachtas Joint Committee on Justice, Defence and Equality, or any Oireachtas Joint Committee that may replace that committee such other information it may require in respect of—
(a) the performance by the Authority of its functions and its policies in respect of such performance,
(b) any specific document or account prepared by it, or
(c) the annual report or any report referred to in subsection (3).
(5) For the purposes of subsection (1), the period between the establishment day and the following 31 December shall be deemed to be a preceding year.
(6) The Minister shall, as soon as is practicable, cause copies of the annual report or, as the case may be, a report referred to in subsection (3), to be laid before each House of the Oireachtas.
(7) The Authority shall publish its annual report in such form and manner as it considers appropriate as soon as is practicable after subsection (4) has been complied with in respect of the report.