Legal Services Regulation Act 2015
Meetings and business
14. (1) (a) The Authority shall hold such and so many meetings as may be necessary for the due performance of its functions, but in each year shall hold not less than one meeting in each period of three months.
(b) In addition to a meeting with all participants physically present, the Authority may hold or continue a meeting by the use of any means of communication by which all the participants can hear and be heard at the same time.
(2) The quorum for a meeting of the Authority shall be 5, of whom not fewer than 2 shall be lay members, and not fewer than 2 shall be members other than lay members.
(3) The Chairperson shall fix the date, time and place of the first meeting of the Authority.
(4) At a meeting of the Authority—
(a) the Chairperson shall, if present, be the chairperson of the meeting, and
(b) if and so long as the Chairperson is not present or if the office of Chairperson is vacant, the members of the Authority who are present shall choose one of their number who is a lay member to act as the chairperson of the meeting.
(5) Each member of the Authority (including the Chairperson) present at a meeting of the Authority shall have a vote.
(6) At a meeting of the Authority, a question on which a vote is required shall be determined by a majority of the votes of the members of the Authority present and voting on the question and, in the case of an equal division of votes, the Chairperson of the meeting shall have a second or casting vote.
(7) Subject to this Act, the Authority may determine its own procedures.