Irish Collective Asset-Management Vehicles Act 2015
Registration of judgment mortgages
97. (1) If judgment is recovered against an ICAV and that judgment is subsequently converted into a judgment mortgage affecting any property of the ICAV, the judgment mortgage shall be void against the liquidator and any creditor of the ICAV unless the procedure set out in subsection (2) with respect to the judgment mortgage’s registration is complied with.
(2) The procedure for registration under this subsection consists of the taking of steps so that there is received by the Bank, together with the relevant judgment mortgage document, such particulars of the judgment mortgage, in such form, as may be specified by the Bank, not later than 21 days after the following date.
(3) That date is the date on which notification by the Property Registration Authority of the judgment mortgage’s creation is received by the judgment creditor.
(4) In subsection (2) the “relevant judgment mortgage document” means a certified copy of, as appropriate—
(b) Form 16 set out in the Schedule to the Registration of Deeds (No. 2) Rules 2009 ( S.I. No. 457 of 2009 ),
used for the purposes of converting the judgment concerned into a judgment mortgage.
(5) For the purposes of this section, it shall be presumed, until the contrary is proved, that the judgment creditor received notification, of the judgment mortgage’s creation, from the Property Registration Authority on the third day after the date on which that notification is sent by it to the judgment creditor or his or her agent.
(a) replacing a form that is referred to in subsection (4)(a) or (b), as appropriate, the reference in that provision to the form shall be read as a reference to the form as so replaced, or
(b) amending a form that is so referred to, the reference in that provision to the form shall be read as a reference to the form as it stands so amended.